The South Asian New Year (Pohela Boishakh) Festival–a traditional open air cultural program featuring music, dance, and fashion from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and China–takes place on Saturday, April 14, 2012 (Rain Date: April 15) from noon to 9 p.m. at the Zilker Hillside Theater, Zilker Park, in Austin, Texas. Free and open to the public.
COPYRIGHT NOTICECopyright © 2010-2013, Cyndi Ferris and World Cultures Austin. All Rights Reserved.
BLOG | Recent Events and Resource Highlights
- Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival | May 24-26
- FRANCE: The Trek from St. Emilion to Paris @ Round Rock REI | Thurs., May 23
- Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance & Culture Center’s “Esperanza de la Herencia – May 19
- Bollywood Meets Borscht Belt | Dinner, Music and Dance | Sunday, May 19
- Day of Henna at Marigold-Gateway to India | Sat., May 18
- MAIFEST @ Austin Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garden | Sat., May 18
BLOG | ARCHIVES
TAG CLOUDAfrica Argentina Asia Australia Australia and Oceania Bangladesh Brazil Canada Chile China Cuba Cultural Events Czech Republic Ecuador England Europe Festivals France Germany Greece India Ireland Italy Japan Korea Latin America and The Caribbean Mexico Middle East North America Norway Oceania Pakistan Peru Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Russia Scandinavia Scotland Spain Turkey United States Wales World Cultures Texas World Fusion