The French Legation residence was originally built in 1841 by the French diplomat to The Republic of Texas. The home became a museum in 1956 and today is under custodianship of The Daughters of The Republic of Texas. The French Legation Museum is devoted to sharing the site’s past and rich cultural history with the public.
COPYRIGHT NOTICECopyright © 2010-2013, Cyndi Ferris and World Cultures Austin. All Rights Reserved.
BLOG | Recent Events and Resource Highlights
- MY EXOTIC OTHER World Music Ensemble @ Stateside Theatre | Sun., May 26
- Salsa Dance Workshop at Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center | Saturday, May 25
- CONSTANT BILLY @ Things Celtic | Sunday, May 26
- 44th Annual Fiesta Amistad | Round Rock, TX | May 25-26
- Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival | May 24-26
BLOG | ARCHIVES
TAG CLOUDAfrica Argentina Asia Australia Australia and Oceania Bangladesh Brazil Canada Chile China Cuba Cultural Events Czech Republic Ecuador England Europe Festivals France Germany Greece India Ireland Italy Japan Korea Latin America and The Caribbean Mexico Middle East North America Norway Oceania Pakistan Peru Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Russia Scandinavia Scotland Spain Turkey United States Wales World Cultures Texas World Fusion